Claudia sent me this picture yesterday and I thought it was cute, hilarious and worth sharing.
I was looking through all my posts and I realized I’m pretty damn depressing. I sound sad, angry and just plain annoying. With that being said thank you all again for reading my rants! I really do appreciate it.
In person I’m far from all those things.This blog was intended just for all things baby making so it’s very one demensional. It’s only one part of my life. Yes, a big part but still not the whole picture. I am actually a very happy and easy going gal (when all things baby making are taken out of the equation). So this post is to sort of introduce you to the “other” me. I know kinda egotistical but I felt like writing and don’t have much going on baby related. So here I go….
- I am 27 years old but I look like I’m 17. Every once in awhile I get carded for Rated R movies.
- I LOVE baseball. More importantly I love the San Francisco Giants. We will regain our 2010 Championship Title.
- As corny as it sounds, my wife really is my best friend. No one else can make me mad and laugh all within a minute time frame.
- I’m a city girl that wishes I lived on a farm. Growing up I would tell my parents that I was going to own a farm but only have horses, dogs and a pond with ducks. Still keeping that dream alive.
- Country music all the time!!! Can’t stand rap or a lot of the other crap thats out.
- My wife and I believe we are going to win the lotto one day and be instant millionaires.
- Absolutely addicted to reality tv: Bad Girls Club, The Voice, American Idol, Biggest Loser, Dancing with the Stars, The Real World…you get the idea.
- Also, teen dramas. One Tree Hill, Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf. All my absolute favorites are from the 90’s though. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dawson’s Creek, Beverly Hills 90210.
- If you haven’t noticed I have a vampire obsession. Kinda weird and creepy but I can’t help it. Which means I’m also a Twlight fan. Team Edward!!
- Going against the lesbian stereotype but I hate beer.
- I hope to travel to Australia and Fiji one day.
- I own a family day care and taking care of other people’s children just makes me want to have my own even more.
- I suck at expressing my feelings. I shut down or just completely forget how to talk. My wife hates it but has gotten used to my middle school ways and writing it out is how most of our arguments are settled. Hey, it works for us so if it aint broken, don’t fix it!
- When eating chocolate or anything baked I have to have it with Cherry Coke. It’s delicious!
- I’m Mexican but I can’t speak spanish. A disgrace I know. 😦
- I think my cat Jerry understands me when I talk to him. My wife thinks I’m crazy.
- My wife and I have impromptu dance numbers throughout the day. We like to cheer one another on.
- My goal was to come up with 20 things but this is harder than I thought.
- My favorite color is purple.
- One day I wish we can have a wedding celebration so all our family and friends can be there. I know we are lucky we even had the chance to get married in City Hall but definitely not my dream scenario.
Well I hope I didn’t bore you all to death. Just wanted to write about something other than babies.
My next post will be back to it’s regular scheduled programming!!
I told myself that I wasn’t going to look up anything baby related and I’ve been really good…but I’ve fallen off the wagon.
It’s Saturday night, wifey is working and I’m bored. What else is there to do but google all things baby!! And I found the cutest little baby booties that I’m ordering as soon as I get that positive.
Not much going on in my TTC world. I am on CD 7 and I went in for all the blood work needed for my IVF cycle. Everything is good on that end. Thank goodness! I was a little nervous for the results. I also picked up my prescribed birth control pills that I need to take on CD 2 of my April cycle. Slowly getting closer but still seems so far away. I’m just ready to start doing something proactive. We have been on a break since November. Way too long!
I feel like I’ve been doing pretty good with keeping my emotions under control. I haven’t had any real low moments. I still get sad when I think about our struggles but there still is light at the end of the tunnel. I find myself not only envious of family/friends that are pregnant but now celebrities as well. Vanessa Minillo, Reese Witherspoon, Tori Spelling and Snooki. I hate reading about it. Anyways, I think today is the first time I’ve felt like crying in awhile and it was over the dumbest thing. My wife was updating my iPhone and for some reason everything in my calendar was deleted. I have tracked all my periods, ovulations, inseminations and BFN’s in that calendar since May 2010. But the thing that made me so sad was that it also had my BFP; the day we found out, my HCG levels and the day we had to terminate the pregnancy. I know it’s stupid but I felt like that was all I had left to remember that point in time. The hardest thing I’ve ever experienced yet the happiest I’ve ever been, even if it was for a short time. Every once in awhile I would scroll back to June/July 2010 just to see those dates. It was comforting to me for some reason. I don’t know why. Maybe because at times it seems so surreal. I feel like it was a dream and that I will never be lucky enough to ever get pregnant again. Seeing it written down made it real.
My wife said to me after she knew I was down about it, “It’s just two years of sadness.” Simple yet put things into perspective. As I’m writing I’m starting to see it as a good thing. I can’t scroll back anymore on my phone just like I can’t keep looking back in real life. My calendar is now blank. Hopefully I can fill it with good news in a couple of months. BFP, ultrasounds, delivery date “firsts” of everything. Maybe it’s a sign of just good things to come.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
We were given this award by Roxxroxx over at http://lesroxxbangkok.wordpress.com/ and I was soooo excited. I had wanted to start a blog just to be able to express myself without worrying about any judgments, never did I think we would actually get followers. I needed a place where I could speak candidly and openly because I’m not able to do that in my “real” life. Hardly anyone knows about our struggles with trying to conceive and the ones that do know just dont understand no matter how supportive they may be. Here I have found a community I can relate to and I have found women that I am connected with emotionally as I root for them as they go through their own TTC journey. So again, thank you for reading!!!
The Liebster Blog Award is a bit like a really lovely chain letter. It works like this:
- Say thanks to the blogger who nominated you, and link back to them.
- List 5 fab blogs ideally with fewer than 200 followers that you feel deserve the Liebster Award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Copy and paste the award to your blog.
- Hope that the 5 people you’ve picked are tickled enough to pass the award onto their 5 Favorites!
So, here is the tough part. Now we have to decide on some other blogs we really like. There are a lot – it’s cutting it down to only 5 that’s tricky!
I know I was given this award by Roxx so I dont know if im breaking any rules by choosing her back but… oh well. I love this blog and I can relate so much to their story. She just started her IVF cycle so I’m constantly looking forward to her updates since I will be in the same boat in May. Wishing her nothing but luck!
I have been following her story since the beginning. She has been thrown a lot of curveballs the last couple of months but she still keeps going. My heart goes out to her but I know that it will all work out in the end.
This blog is still new but they have been trying to have a baby for awhile now. Their story reminds me of myself and wife. They are currently in their 2WW so wishing them a BFP!
I just recently found this blog but I caught up real quick because I love the way Jenn writes. She’s very open in her updates no matter the subject; family matters, sadness, or just plain happy. Also, on the TTC train I wish them luck.
This blog is written with humor and I love that. Trying to have a baby is hard work so laughter is needed every now and then. Baby dust to this couple as well!
Another baby announcement made it’s way to Facebook just a couple of days ago. My cousin’s (sometimes) girlfriend. They already have a son together but they constantly break up and get back together.
I tried being happy for them but it gets harder as each announcement is made while my wife and I are in the exact same place we’ve been for a couple of years now. Also, the comments that A (my cousins girlfriend) made just got on my nerves. First, she said it was going to be the LONGEST pregnancy ever because she found out at only 5 weeks. Irritated me more than it probably should have but I couldn’t help it. Most of us here hope and wish we get our BFP at the earliest moment possible. Then her friends and herself started talking about how she was going to be pregnant during the summer so that meant no drinking and partying for her. Aarrghhhhh! It’s so frustrating and annoying that those are the things that women who are fortunate enough to conceive without any problems worry about.
Well just had to vent.
There is no TTC news on my end so my blogging has slowed down. Just waiting to start my cycle so I can go in for a bunch of bloodwork to start my IVF cycle. Hope everyone is well!